Hey fam! Hoppy Easter!I wanted to make a little somethin' somethin for the holiday that was as pretty on the eyes as it was tasty. I actually saw these Oatmeal Parfait Cups from Buzzfeed while scrolling Facebook a few weeks ago, and I thought they were perfect. There are minimal ingredients involved and they are on the "healthy" side, so I was like "ROCK ON, DUDE!!!!". I pretty much copied their recipe step for step, but I feel like I can experiment next time by adding other ingredients to make it my own.
What you'll need:
1 teaspoon almond extract (I used vanilla extract!)
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey
1¼ cups oats (I used old fashioned oats)
Full-fat yogurt (You can really use any type of yogurt here but I recommend full fat so that there is a fuller and creamier taste)
For toppings: whatever fruit or topping that floats your boat
Coconut flakes (unsweetened)
What you'll do:
1. Preheat dat oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until they ain't bananas no mo'.
3. Pour in the honey and almond extract, and mix well until combined.
4. Pour in the oats and cinna and mix until smooth.
5. Evenly divide the oats into a greased 12-cup muffin tin.
6. Use your fingers to mold the oats into a cup shape in each of the muffin cups. (PS. I made mine too thick! These babies are really going to firm up so be careful of putting too much batter in each cup.)
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until the oatmeal cups have set.
8. Remove the oatmeal cups from the muffin tin and place a spoonful of yogurt in each cup
9. Lastly, pop on your choice of toppings.
10. Enjoy these LiL Cups O' Heaven!