Almond Pulp Chocolate Protein BitesOct 14, 2019
This morning I made homemade almond milk with a high-speed blender and nut bag. I decided instead of tossing away the almond pulp, I wanted to repurpose it into a delicious blood-sugar-balancing snack!
These almond pulp chocolate protein balls are jam-packed with a whopping 10 GRAMS of fiber in just two balls [Your daily recommended allowance is 25 grams]!
This snack is perfect for saying BYE BYE to that hangry feeling after lunch and before dinner. The fiber will keep you satiated and hold you over until your next meal.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 3 cups of water
- 3 Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp of nut butter
- 2 tbsp of cacao chips
- 2 servings of chocolate protein powder
- dash of cinnamon
- sea salt
Step 1: Make the nut milk
- Soak 1 cup of almonds in water for one hour
- Pour into a blender with 1-2 more cups of water
- Add 1 medjool date and dash of cinnamon
- Turn blender on at high speed for 1 minute
- When done, pour the almond milk into nut bag over a pot or bowl
- Squeeze the nut bag until all of the milk comes out!
- Pour the almond milk into an airtight mason jar and enjoy!
Step 2: Use the leftover almond pulp for a delicious snack!
- Scrape the almond pulp residue out of the nut bag and transfer into a food processor
- Add 2 Medjool dates, 2 tbsp of almond or peanut butter, 2 scoops of chocolate protein
- Blend in the food processor until the consistency is doughy
- Remove from food processor and transfer to a bowl
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes or so in the fridge
- Take out of fridge and begin to form balls out of the dough
- Add 15g [2 tbsp] of cacao chips on the outside of the balls evenly!
- Place in airtight container if storing [but chances are you'll eat them right away]!
Serving size suggestion: 1-2 balls [If you make 7-8 balls out of the dough]
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 3-DAY HORMONE RESET
If you're feeling "hormonal" right about now, it sounds like you need to support and nourish your body! Download our FREE 3-day Hormone Reset Challenge to get back on track and kiss those symptoms goodbye.
*Over 1,000 downloads! Don't miss out on this free way to support your health!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.