5 Foods to Reduce PMSDec 06, 2020
OUR TOP 5 FAVORITE FOODS TO REDUCE PMS 🌿
You'll find us munching on these foods in the week leading up to our flow. Here's why...
1. CHICKPEAS ➡️ They contain magnesium & B6... which is a fire combo for reducing symptoms of PMS. Plus, they are warm & comforting which is exactly what you are craving during this time of the month.
2. CRUCIFEROUS VEGGIES & DARK LEAFYS ➡️ (like broccoli, kale, cauliflower // spinach & arugula) Cruciferous veggies contain indole-3 carbinol & DIM, which help the liver metabolize excess estrogen in a healthy way. Remember, an overabundance of estrogen (aka estrogen dominance) is at the root cause PMS symptoms. We can go on for days about leafy greens because all of the vitamins & minerals they contain.... calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A, B9, C, E, K. Trust us, you want leafy greens on your PEACE OUT PMS SQUAD.
3. SWEET POTATOES OR JAPANESE YAMS ➡️
Oo0o0o girl, the natural sweetness of these bad boys makes our hearts sing... and keeps our cravings at bay. They contain vitamin A which supports the liver as it metabolizes excess estrogen...AND B6 is amazeballs at reducing PMS symptoms. Plus, they're high in fiber which will feed the good gut bacteria and keep those bowels moving to remove estrogen.
4. CARROTS ➡️ Carrots contain lots of vitamin A (which can help with progesterone production) and an indigestible fiber that aids with estrogen elimination. LFG!!! You can roast them to increase sweetness, but we recommend you eat them raw during this part of your cycle to capitalize on benefits.
5. BONE BROTH ➡️ Beyond nourishing and healing on too many LeVeLZsS. This is actually one of our favorite hacks to reducing cravings. Bone broth is also awesome because it contains magnesium & calcium, which has been shown to reduce bloating and breast tenderness.
There are SO MANY more nourishing foods that can help you ease "that time of the month". We wish we could list them all here!!! 😩
Join our 2021 Power of Periodization WAITLIST
Inside of Power of Periodization, we periodize our workouts and eating habits to align with our hormonal patterns and the 4 distinct phases of our menstrual cycle.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.